Google+ Followers

Friday, 25 November 2016

AN EXQUISITE IRISH LACE SCARF

Sweet Nothings crochet Exquisite Irish Lace scarf
Add caption
Irish Lace scarf, scarf, crochet, lace work, neckwear, ladies wear, stole, wrap,

AN EXQUISITE IRISH LACE SCARF

This scarf has been ordered by a special friend.  I usually do not work Irish lace pattern and I tried my level best to dissuade her, but she won.. obviously!

This is not my pattern, but as I’m working with a yarn other than that suggested, if any other Indian decides to work this pattern, I thought I’d write a few notes here, so that they’ll know we can go ahead with this pattern too.

Get this pattern titled Irish lace scarf from Lion Brand.  This was the inspirational photograph that got this whole project started :) !



Materials used : Today I’ve used our lovely Indian OswalCashmilon 4-ply yarns with a 3.5  & 4 mm crochet hook 

Abbreviations used :
fsc : Foundation single crochet                                 dc : Double crochet
ch : chain                                                                   ch-sp : chain space
sp : space                                                                  rep : Repeat
Loop Only


Stitches used :
Magic circle :To refresh your skill, please view this easy video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLuSVyKvoUg

Chainless dc start : Instead of the usual start with ch 2 or ch 3, I’d like to introduce this lovely new way of starting a dc row.  Do take a look at this self-explanatory super video http://www.mooglyblog.com/chainless-starting-double-crochet/
In case you are unhappy with this start, or do not like it, do continue with the usual ch-2 or ch-3 start.  However, all instructions will be given assuming that you are using the chainless dc start.

Sweet Nothings crochet Exquisite Irish Lace scarf

Sweet Nothings crochet Exquisite Irish Lace scarf

Sweet Nothings crochet Exquisite Irish Lace scarf

Sweet Nothings crochet Exquisite Irish Lace scarf




I have used our Indian 4-ply acrylic for all the projects below, and a 4 mm for the scarf and a 3.5 mm crochet hook for the roses and leaves.

For the pattern, visit Lion Brand Irish Lace Scarf by Nicky Epstein Pattern No 80771AD http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/irish-lace-scarf

All I did differently was start with a fsc chain (as I usually do as I prefer the stretchiness and neatness it offers) and then work the pattern such that I had the base scarf for the length and width as requested by my client. 

I then worked on the different elements of the rose & leaf with the 3.5 mm crochet hook. 

Tweaks :  As I’d made a different length/width, I made more roses & leaves.  I also made a button attachment on the back of one of the motifs, such that my client can use it as a hat motif or to hold the two sides of her wrap together at the shoulder.  I thought this was a pretty neat idea.  What do you think?

Enjoyed this ?? I sure did..come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

I’d appreciate if you could credit my blog (and link the original pattern link) when you make your own creation.  Thanks.

Check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/  OR just my free patterns at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/free-patterns-made-by-me/


And please join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Have a great day and see you soon. J

I have a few pieces of neckwear already made, and just in case you want a dekho at those free patterns … here you go  J