Google+ Followers

Saturday, 10 December 2016

BEAUTIFUL CROCHET CHOKER - 2

crochet neckwear

BEAUTIFUL CROCHET CHOKER - 2

So the jewellery bug is back.. this time with neck pieces or chokers. This is my second blog on chokers and I’m thrilled that you’re back as we work on this new challenge together.

I found a chart that I thought would work as a neat choker and this is what I’ve done with it.  Here is the inspiration photograph.  This will make a neat border as well.  So come along and let's work on this challenge together.



Materials used : Today I’ve used the lovely Indian Red Rose metallic cotton yarn with a 1.3 mm crochet hook.
Skill level : Intermediate

Abbreviations used : (Using U.S terminology)
fdc : Foundation double crochet                             dc : Double crochet
ch(s) : chain(s                                                            ch-sp : chain space
sp(s) : space(s)                                                          rep : Repeat
hk : hook                                                                     yo : Yarn over
sk : Skip                                                                         lp(s) : Loop(s)
st(s) : Stitch(es)


Stitches used :
Magic circle : To refresh your skill, please view this easy video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLuSVyKvoUg

Chainless dc start : Instead of the usual start with ch 2 or ch 3, I’d like to introduce this lovely new way of starting a dc row.  Do take a look at this self explanatory super video http://www.mooglyblog.com/chainless-starting-double-crochet/
In case you are unhappy with this start, or do not like it, do continue with the usual ch-2 or ch-3 start.  However, all instructions will be given assuming that you are using the chainless dc start.


How to do a picot stitch : A neat video link to refresh this procedure. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GGlzZZl3I8

Instructions (Using U.S terminology)



Start with fsc in multiples of 6 for the length needed around the neck.  Turn. 

Row 1 : dc in the 1st fsc ;
(ch 2, sk next 2 fsc, dc in the next fsc) ;
rep (to) till end.  Turn.  

In the following row we will use a decorative picot stitch.  We will use the ch-3 picot which is (ch 3 ; sl-st into the 3rd ch from hk).
Now we will use a set of five picots one after the other and then we will join with a dc to close the picot set.
For a "how to", check under "stitches used"

Row 2 : dc in the 1st dc ;
*(2 dc in the next ch-2 sp ; dc in the next dc) ;
[work 5 picots one after the other ; dc and join with the last dc of the last 4-dc set] ; dc in next dc* ;
rep *to* till end. 
Fasten off and weave in ends.

And that’s done.. yet another project brilliantly executed ! J

Enjoyed this ?? I sure did..come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

I’d appreciate if you could credit my blog (and link the original pattern link) when you make your own project.  Thanks.


or join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Check out my pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/free-patterns-made-by-me/ for all the free patterns I’ve written up.

 Have a great day and see you soon. J

I have a few jewellery pieces already made, and just in case you want a dekho at those free patterns … here you go  J