Thursday, 16 March 2017

EXQUISITE FLORAL HAIR COMB 3 - The Exquisite Lily of the Valley hair comb


free crochet hair barrette pattern


EXQUISITE FLORAL HAIR COMB 3

The Exquisite Lily of the Valley hair comb


Yes, once I get started with one project, I seem to just get lost in that for a bit.. so here’s my next hair comb.  Do check out my first two blogs on the similar project. 

This is not my pattern.  I’ve used a photo tutorial that I found on the internet at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vkxbjRV2no and here’s the photo that inspired me.


Join me to see what I have done to make this into a hair comb / barrette topper.

Materials used : Today I’ve used a combination of the lovely Red Rose metallic cotton yarn with a 1.75 mm crochet hook.

Skill level : Easy to Intermediate

Abbreviations used :
dc : Double crochet                                       st(s) : Stitch(es)
ch(s) : chain(s                                       ch-sp : chain space
sp(s) : space(s)                                     rep : Repeat
hk : hook                                               yo : Yarn over
sk : Skip                                                   lp(s) : Loop(s)
                                                 


While trolling the web for flower motifs, I chanced on this lovely video by Maggie for a really lovely bunch of the Lily of the Valley flowers... and I so loved these cute little flower, and love how they turned out that I just can't help but photo bomb you ! The same project, different locations, different lighting and see how lovely it looks each time!  Go for it.. create and enjoy !

free crochet floral hair comb pattern

free crochet hair comb pattern


free crochet Lily of the Valley flower hair comb pattern

free crochet pattern Lily of the Valley flower hair barrette


I went onto Google to see the flower and find that there is a tiny stamen inside, so I decided to add a small pearl.  The photos below are the 'inside-out' ones.. i.e you turn your little flower inside out, attach the pearls and then flip it back again.

free crochet pattern

free crochet hair motif pattern


For that, once I’d finished the tutorial, I left a longish tail and added the pearl onto the centre.  Lovely, isn’t it?




free crochet pattern Lily of the Valley hair comb


Finally to attach all your lovely lily of the valley flowers onto the barrette, you need a base.  So I worked a small foundation double crochet chain that was equal to the length of the barrette (or you could work a chain and then work dc back on that chain length as well).

I then sewed on each little flower onto the fdc chain, and finally attached the whole thing onto the top of the barrette.

free crochet pattern Lily of the Valley hair barrette

free crochet pattern for Lily of the Valley flower

free crochet floral hair barrette pattern

free crochet hair comb pattern

Seems like a lot of work for something so small, but oh my Gawd, the end result is fantastic!  Yes .. yes.. photos galore.. but tell me.. how can you resist this?

And that’s done.. yet another project brilliantly executed ! J

Enjoyed this ?? I sure did .. come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

I’d appreciate if you could credit my blog (and link the original pattern link) when you make your own project.  Thanks.


or join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Check out my pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/free-patterns-made-by-me/ for all the free patterns I’ve written up.

 Have a great day and see you soon. 

I have a few headbands / tic-tac clips etc already made, and just in case you want a dekho at those free patterns … here you go.

I have loads of other headwear made as well.  If interested, do check my pin at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/my-head-wear-made-by-me/