Tuesday 1 August 2017

PINEAPPLE BABY BOUTIQUE TOP

PINEAPPLE BABY BOUTIQUE TOP - a free crochet pattern from Sweet Nothings Crochet
PINEAPPLE BABY BOUTIQUE TOP
This really cute top is a free pattern from the lovely Kim Guzman.  The original pattern is given for 2 sizes, and my client is slightly larger, so I’m hoping to get this pattern tweaked to fit her proportions.  
You can now make this stunning top for any size, using any yarn.

Thank you for joining me.

In case you have just joined me, know that you can access all of my earlier creations by checking under ‘categories’ on the right hand side of this blog under “Labels”.  Then, for your convenience, follow me here or on Facebook, You Tube, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram.

Check out all my social media handles at the bottom of this blog

Oh, and may I add that the fastest way to find any of my blogs is via Pinterest.


All my blogs can be printed.  Find the printer friendly (green) link on the right side of this blog.  You can also hit Control P (or Command P for Mac) on your keyboard, and the blog will go directly to the connected printer.

Remember that you only print if absolutely essential.  Save paper – Save Our Earth. 


Do remember to add my blog URL when you make and show off your creation. 

Just copy the link on the search bar above - that's the blog URL.


To purchase this or similar yarn online, click the highlighted links below to buy your yarns online via Amazon.  While you will still pay the same, I may get paid by Amazon as well. 

This is a free blog - so do pay it forward for me.  Cheers.


Do check my long Pinterest “to-do” list for little girl’s dresses at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/girls-dresses-to-make/
Thanks for joining me once again as we work on and discover this new pattern together. 

Materials used : Today I’ve used just ~ 150 gms of our Indian Hobby India All Seasons Crochet yarn (No 5) with a 3 mm crochet hook ;  embroidery needle sewing needle ; fabric glue to seal ends ; crochet stitch markers ; buttonspress buttons ; satin ribbon ; headband ; tic-tac clips ; rubber band ; hair comb or barrette  ; beads n more
For Indians You could use Anchor , Red rose , 4-ply knitting cotton , or unbranded knitting cotton or White Rose or bamboo knitting cotton , Milk cotton ; Silk yarns as well as Vardhaman acrylic yarns ; Baby soft acrylic yarn , Ganga Spectrum as well
General yarn info : The yarn used today is not specific to this pattern.
You can use any yarn with a suitable hook to make this project to any size.
International yarns :  Among the international yarns I have used in this thickness, I’d suggest Aunt Lydia Cotton 10, Aunt Lydia Bamboo-Viscose 10, DMC Petra, Sullivans knitting cotton (Australia), Milford Soft, Hilaza Rustica Eclat , Alize cotton yarn and Alize bamboo yarn , Lily Sugar n' Cream cotton yarn, Caron Simply Soft , Bernat Softee chunky.

Stitches used : Using U.S terminology
How to hold your yarn in crochet : https://youtu.be/FwOlCbGdbqY
Starting slip knot :  https://youtu.be/lJcqsVcs8cw
Starting slip knot 1 or the Sloppy Slip knot :   https://youtu.be/YfC7KmGpifs
What is a slip stitch :  https://youtu.be/weB3QNbA8Iw
What is a chain stitch ?  https://youtu.be/pXx5ukBjKkY
Foundation Single Crochet : fsc :  https://youtu.be/mcT85fwh4mA 
Double Crochet : dc : yo, insert hk into st ; yo (3 lps on hk);
[yo, draw through 2 lps] twice.  One dc made. 
Check out the video at https://youtu.be/xdnjB27zpYo
Chainless start for Double Crochet : I dislike the ch-2 / ch – 3 start, and this is what I do to start my row of dc.
Check out the video at https://youtu.be/wskv3iTjRx0

Whipstitch to join : https://youtu.be/wZ-9LNzftMA
Invisible join :  https://youtu.be/a6XZQ6VzJFM
Single crochet to join :  https://youtu.be/6FXoW_47_dI

How to change colors seamlessly :  https://youtu.be/fRzSBja9jno 
How to carry your yarn when using two colors :  https://youtu.be/NuascBU3pxQ 

Here is a sizing chart for general neck sizing

Here is a sizing chart for general body sizing

Abbreviations used :
ch : Chain                           sp(s) : Space(s)
dc : Double crochet            hk : Hook                                                     
st(s) : Stitch(es)                  sl-st : slip stitch
sk : Skip                              sp : space
rep : repeat
fsc : Foundation single crochet  

Instructions
Please note that I start all my rows with a ch 1, turning chain for ease.
Please check the top of this blog for easy video tutorials on all stitches used in today's pattern.
Please read through all my notes before you pick up your hook, so you know just where we're heading in our pattern.
In my patterns I work with the principle of stitch count and body measurement.  This means that you need to work the stitch count in pattern, till you get the measurement (length and/or width) that you need for your project.  

Before I go any further, thank you Kim Guzman for your permission to write down my notes to make this pattern such that it can be made to any size using any yarn.

I am making this for a slightly larger size, so my notes here are for the few things I worked differently. 

May I suggest that you read through my notes first and then go along to get the dress pattern done at the link above – just so you can have an idea of what all you need to do and where to get it all at. 

This is not my pattern.  Get this free pattern by at
Please read through my detailed notes before you head off to get the full pattern detail in the link above.  Cheers.

gives you instructions for making this cute top for a 12-18 month old.

If you are working it with the yarn given by the lovely Kim and for 12-18 m, then great, you should go off to the pattern sheet link given above.
free crochet girls top patternfree crochet girls top pattern
The pattern is worked in two parts.  
We first work from the chest up for the yoke all in sc and then we come back to our start foundation single crochet row and work the skirt portion.

So start with fsc and work the yoke portion in multiples of 5 or 10 (whichever works closest to the half round chest measure of the child you are making this for).

I started with a foundation single crochet (fsc) row, as I find that this stitch has a lovely stretch and also allows you to easily work on both the top and lower sides of this start chain row.  

I urge you to try the fsc.  For a “how to”, check the top of this blog.
In case you just can’t work the fsc (or don’t like it), then work in multiples of 5 or 10 + 1 and work your 1st sc in the 2nd ch from hk.  
Ensure that when you finish, you have the multiples needed.

Once you are done with the yoke, you will, per Kim's pattern, come back to the same start fsc row, and re-attach your yarn on the un-used lower section of the fsc for the skirt portion of the dress.

The stitch count for the skirt portion is in multiples of 10. 

Before you start off on the skirt portion, which we work in rounds, check that you have this section in multiples of ten.
This only matters if you had started with multiples of 5 for the yoke portion.  
So all you will need to do is run a round of sc again, and increase 5 sc for the skirt portion.  Not that much, and not at all hard.

Once you have the stitch count for the skirt, you will back head off to Kim’s pattern link and finish the lower half of your top too. 
body pattern detail
The pattern awaits you, so go on and work the pattern off now.

Oh, just for a change, I decided to end my last round with a picot pattern. 

How to work a picot stitch : Traditionally for a ch-3 picot, you work (ch 3, sl-st in 3rd ch from hook).  For a ch-5 picot, you will do (ch 5, sl-st in 5th ch from hook).  

Here’s a great video https://youtu.be/8s3zVaBcn4s
picot along the neck and armholes
I ended on the round indicated by the designer in the original sheet, just adding the picot.  I worked a picot in every ch-1 sp and every sc all around in the last round. 

I worked the armhole and neck trims as per the pattern sheet and then added a round of picots around these edges as well.

Fasten all ends and block as per yarn instructions.
the embellishments
Over and above the cute little embellishments that are offered on Kim’s pattern page, I’ve added a few more.  
Check out my blogs for all the little motifs and embellishments that I’ve made before and for this one too. 

See the rose motif here ; an interesting bead idea here ; simple motifs and hair accessories here ; a cute headband and motifs here ; a gerbera daisy flower motif here ; a sunflower motif here

These are just a few ideas - check the long list of links given below and create something beautiful.

For convenience, I'd suggest you attach one half of a press button behind each motif and then attach the other end of the press button on the dress.  
This way, you can lightly hand wash the motif when needed.

Once again, thank you Kim, not just for this free pattern, but also for your permission to tweak the pattern and add in my notes.

And that’s done.. yet another project brilliantly executed ! 

Enjoyed this ?? I sure did..come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

I’d appreciate if you could credit my blog (and link the original pattern link) when you make your own creation.  Thanks.

Check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/


Join me on YouTube at https://youtube.com/shyamanivas

And on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/ for more patterns.

Do follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/ShyamaNivas


Find me on Ravelry at ravelry.com/projects/shyamanivas/

Have a great day and see you soon. 
  
I have a few dresses already made, and just in case you want a dekho at those free patterns … here you go  

























































































and here are a few skirt patterns that you can use your belt for..



Here are some of my tops
                        


























































Here are some of my bolero / jacket / vest creations.  Have fun with these free patterns too






































Here is a list of my earlier miscellaneous home use projects.  Enjoy