Google+ Followers

Wednesday, 24 August 2016

SIMPLY COMPLICATED BERET

free crochet pattern, free crochet beret, free crochet headwear, free crochet pattern, free crochet beret, free crochet headwear,


SIMPLY COMPLICATED BERET

This is a lovely and oh, so simple cap is a special request from a special person. I tried to tell her to get something more *fancy*, but uh-huh-nope.. so I am obliging her with this simple one.  
This beret looks so complicated, but thanks to the lovely post stitches, it just looks complicated.. It isn’t that difficult :)

This pattern is a free one and my notes here are only for a few (1 or 2) differences... and below is the beautiful inspirational photograph that got me started on this adventure and creation.  Thank you Shannon for this superb free pattern :)




Materials used : Today I’ve used our lovely Indian Wendy  acrylic yarn,  with a 4 mm crochet hook

Skill level : Intermediate.   This pattern involves around the post stitches.

Stitches used :
Magic circle : To refresh your skill, please view this easy video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLuSVyKvoUg

Chainless dc start : Instead of the usual start with ch 2 or ch 3,I’d like to introduce a lovely way of starting a double crochet row.  Do take a look at this self explanatory super video
In case you are unhappy with this start, or do not like it, do continue with the usual ch-2 or ch-3 start.  However, all instructions will be given assuming that you are using this chainless dc start.


Abbreviations used :
lp(s) : Loop(s)                                                  sc : Single crochet
dc : Double crochet                                     ch : Chain
sp : Space                                                         sl-st : Slip stitch
hk : Hook                                                          yo : Yarn Over 
st(s) : Stitch(es)     
                                                 

This pattern is written using U.S terminology.  I have worked the whole pattern using two strands of yarn held together.

For the first round, I’ve started with a magic circle and worked 10 dc into that circle. 

For the start of each round, I’ve worked with the chainless dc start.  

This is a really superb pattern and I think the post stitches just give it a fantastic edge - and also make it reversible - just try it and see what I mean :)


This is the centre top.. Isn't this just a beautiful crown?





I added a row of contrast for the bottom edge .. just for kicks

This is the centre top from the inside (wrong side) .. I think  you could flip it and wear it this way too.. so totally reversible I'd say.  Sorry pic is not the best.. but you'll see what I mean when you make it soon.


Enjoyed this ?? I sure did.. come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

I’d appreciate if you could credit my blog (and link the original pattern link) when you make your own baby creation.  Thanks.

Check out my awesome pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/  OR just my free patterns at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/free-patterns-made-by-me/


And please join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Have a great day and see you soon. 


I have a few head wear pieces already made, and just in case you want a dekho at those free patterns … here you go