Google+ Followers

Thursday, 3 November 2016

TINY DOILEY-LIKE EAR RING

crochet ear ring

TINY DOILEY-LIKE EAR RING

Thank you for yet again joining me on my creative journey as I work a tiny pattern into a doily-like ear ring.  The fact that this is a teensy weensy doily pattern actually opens a floodgate of ideas .. so as I’ve said before, if you’re interested in jewellery, stay keenly peeled to this blog .. I’m gonna do a lot more of this exciting stuff.

As I work on this pattern, I’ve written down my notes that I share with you. Below is the photograph that inspired me to start on this new creative adventure.



Materials used : Today I’ve used the lovely Indian light polyester silky-viscose yarn for the ear ring and some Indian cotton yarn for the bracelet with a 2 mm crochet hook.

Skill level : Intermediate

Abbreviations used :
fdc : Foundation double crochet                             dc : Double crochet
ch(s) : chain(s                                                            ch-sp : chain space
sp(s) : space(s)                                                           rep : Repeat
hk : hook                                                                      yo : Yarn over
sk : Skip                                                                         lp(s) : Loop(s)
st(s) : Stitch(es)


Stitches used :  (Using U.S terminology)
Magic circle : To refresh your skill, please view this easy video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLuSVyKvoUg

Chainless dc start : Instead of the usual start with ch 2 or ch 3, I’d like to introduce this lovely new way of starting a dc row.  Do take a look at this self explanatory super video http://www.mooglyblog.com/chainless-starting-double-crochet/
In case you are unhappy with this start, or do not like it, do continue with the usual ch-2 or ch-3 start.  However, all instructions will be given assuming that you are using the chainless dc start.

This is the first ear hoop ear ring I’m working on and I thought I’d keep this one simple.

So I’ve got this lovely hoop (approx 2” diameter), and I’m making this ear ring inside that hoop.  I am going to make this tiny doiley-like ear ring first, and then on the last round, attach it onto the hoop to make the ear ring.

Instructions : (Using U.S terminology)

crochet ear ring

Start with a magic circle and 10 sc in that circle.  Join with a sl-st to the 1st sc.  

I found this chart which may help 


.. I also found this photo tutorial which is NOT my work  but as  I found it, I am sharing it with you.


Round 1 : sc in the 1st sc ; 
*ch 2, sc in the next sc* ; 
rep *to* all around till the end.
Join with a sl-st to the 1st st.

Round 2 : dc 5-tog in the 1st ch-2 sp ; 
*ch 4, dc 5-tog in the next ch-2 sp* ; 
rep *to* all around ; ch 4, and join with a sl-st to the 1st st.

Round 3 : sc in the 1st dc 5-tog ; 
*ch 3, sc in the next ch-4 sp ; ch 3, sc in the next dc 5-tog* ; 
rep *to* all around and join with a sl-st to the 1st st.

The tiny little doiley is now the perfect size to fit into my hoop.  In the following round, you will work an sc into the st of the doiley as well as around the hoop and attach the doiley to the inside of the hoop.

Oh the other thing that you could probably do is make this cute doiley and then starch / block it so that it maintains shape.

But basically I worked 3 sc into each ch sp and a sc in each sc all around and attached the doiley to the hoop I had.

Fasten off and weave  glue in ends.

And that’s done.. yet another project brilliantly executed ! J
  
Enjoyed this ?? I sure did..come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

I’d appreciate if you could credit my blog (and link the original pattern link) when you make your own project.  Thanks.


or join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Check out my pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/free-patterns-made-by-me/ for all the free patterns I’ve written up.

 Have a great day and see you soon. J

I have a few bits of jewellery already made, and just in case you want a dekho at those free patterns … here you go  J