Google+ Followers

Friday, 3 March 2017

BEAUTIFUL CROCHET CHOKER – 5 (Dancing dolls 2)


free crochet choker necklace pattern
BEAUTIFUL CROCHET CHOKER – 5

Dancing dolls 2

I just made a choker that (on completion) I thought looked like dancing dolls, and using picot, and a fsc chain, feel that this looks like them dolls again ;) LOL.
Just from the title of this blog, you will know that I have four earlier similar blogs, so check the end of this blog to get a dekho at my earlier projects. 
If you don’t see the dolls (as yet) read on and see how you can work this one.

Materials used : Today I’ve used the lovely Indian Anchor knitting cotton yarn with a 1.3 mm crochet hook.

Skill level : Intermediate

Abbreviations used :
fdc : Foundation double crochet                             dc : Double crochet
ch(s) : chain(s                                                            ch-sp : chain space
sp(s) : space(s)                                                           rep : Repeat
hk : hook                                                                    yo : Yarn over
sk : Skip                                                                       lp(s) : Loop(s)
st(s) : Stitch(es)


Stitches used :
Magic circle : To refresh your skill, please view this easy video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLuSVyKvoUg

Chainless dc start : Instead of the usual start with ch 2 or ch 3, I’d like to introduce this lovely new way of starting a dc row.  Do take a look at this self explanatory super video http://www.mooglyblog.com/chainless-starting-double-crochet/
In case you are unhappy with this start, or do not like it, do continue with the usual ch-2 or ch-3 start.  However, all instructions will be given assuming that you are using the chainless dc start.


How to do a picot stitch : A neat video link to refresh this procedure. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GGlzZZl3I8


For this project we will start with a fsc row first, and work with a few picots making it look like little dancing dolls around your neck.

I saw a dancing doll effect after I finished off with a choker yesterday, so mulled around trying to see if I could get a simpler version today ;)

free crochet choker necklace


Start with fsc for the length needed around the neck.  Turn. 

Row 1 : sc in the 1st fsc ;
*ch 2, sc in the next fsc* ;
rep *to* till the end.  Turn.

In our 2nd and final row, we’ll work in our ch-3 picots which is (ch 3, sl-st in the 3rd ch from hk)
 
Row 2 : sl-st into the 1st ch-2 sp ; sc + picot in the 1st ch-2 sp ;
*ch 1, sc + picot in the next ch-2 sp* ;
rep *to* till the end.  Turn.

free crochet jewellery pattern


Fasten off and weave in ends.

­Note : You can start and end just a sc (instead of a sc + picot) as well. 

To join this around the neck, I have worked in a hook and eye at the end.  One could also add in a small chain length at one end, just in case one desires to wear it a little looser against the neck.

Yes, can you believe it? Just two lines and you’re DONE with a choker??

More ideas ? Add in a few beads.  If I were to add beads, I’d add them either along with the picot OR I’d picot every other ch-sp and add in a bead every other ch-sp.  Of course, throw in a few differences and you’ve made a designer exclusive piece. 
And that’s done.. yet another project brilliantly executed ! J

Remember though that THIS IS WHERE you read all of this, so do share my full blog link when you share your project.  Good Karma.. spread it along.  Thanks.

Enjoyed this ?? I sure did..come back right here for more freebie patterns

If you're visiting me here for the first time, and have liked the experience, do add me to your mailing list (for your convenience) , and all my future free patterns will come straight to your mail box.  

I’d appreciate if you could credit my blog (and link the original pattern link) when you make your own project.  Thanks.


or join me on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Nothings-Crochet/248919438644360  for more patterns.

Check out my pins on Pinterest at https://in.pinterest.com/shyamanivas/free-patterns-made-by-me/ for all the free patterns I’ve written up.

 Have a great day and see you soon. J

I have a few jewellery pieces already made, and just in case you want a dekho at those free patterns … here you go  J